Install GeneWeb 6 on Windows
|Language:||English • français|
! Screenshots are made under Windows 7 and may change a bit depending on your Windows version. !
Download and run setup
- Download GeneWeb for Windows and click on downloaded file.
- When you run the install program, the “Open file - Security Warning” dialog may appear as shown in the figure below. Click “Run”.
Select the setup language
- Click “Next”.
- Accept the License Agreement then click “Next”.
- Click “Browse” to select the destination location to install GeneWeb. Otherwise, leave the default setting and click “Next”.
- Select Start Menu Folder for GeneWeb's shortcuts location. By default all shortcuts are located in 'GeneWeb 6.00'.
- Select “Create a Desktop Icon” to create a shortcut on your desktop, then click “Next”.
Ready to install
- Click “Install” to continue with the installation, or click “Back” if you want to review or change any settings.
- Click “Finish” to launch GeneWeb.
- When you launch GeneWeb for the first time, you need to allow access to gwd and gwsetup programs to the firewall of your computer.
GeneWeb is installed
- If you have checked last three options of the setup, gwd and gwsetup are launched and the following page will be shown in your default web browser.