Installing GeneWeb under Linux
Revision as of 01:27, 17 April 2016 by A2 (Talk | contribs) (→top: add manual category and navigation template)
|Language:||English • français|
Installing GeneWeb under Linux can be done "manually", following the steps proposed in the OSX section.
It can also be installed through various package managers (to be completed):
- Download and install GeneWeb program under GNU/Linux, Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, FreeBSD; on Mac OS X, Linux or Windows using Docker; or in CGI mode behind a web server.
- Understand GeneWeb server, homonym, consanguinity.
Use and manage genealogical databases
- Import Gedcom
.gwfiles with gwsetup or in command-line.
- Update datas (add/remove individuals and families), merge duplicates, type dates.
- Use wikitext syntax, macros, keyboard shortcuts.
- Clean, recover, rename, save, archive a database.
- Merge and split multiples databases.
- Personalize CSS, header and trailer, templates, lexicon and declension.
- Configuration file
.gwf(for templm), wizard notes, passwords for friends/wizards and access restrictions to databases.
- Add images in notes, further remarks for experts.