Revision as of 12:20, 4 January 2016 by A2 (idées en vrac)
A TODO list for GeneWeb. Any Help is welcome!
The open source project
import previous online documentation and images from http://opensource.geneanet.org/projects/geneweb/wiki
- add what can be saved of old doc in other languages (at least main european lang de/sp/…)
- (install Extension:Translate for an “automatic” translation of the wiki)
update syntax and link on pages
- update pages content with incoming 7.0
- more illustrations
- add HOW TO pages for GW compilation under Windows that can be tricky
- add more doc for templm
- expend FAQ with users problems on ML and forum
try to compile/setup a GeneWeb updated test base on Tuxfamily server (or somewher else) with edit right so people can play with GeneWeb without installing
- advertise the new doc/wiki for 7.00 release !!
- try to migrate the old Yahoo ML to Tuxfamily (to get rid of Yahoo spam banner…!, and own our ML!!)
- install a phpBB multilang forum for GW endusers
- make a ML on Tux for geneweb dev
- give more details about the different Github repos and branches, see : http://geneweb.tuxfamily.org/wiki/Talk:Repository
- stay in contact with Debian and Ubuntu package maintainers and keep in mind the deadlines for the next major releases (https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/geneweb, http://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/geneweb)
- better sosa htree rendering (links) or do it with CSS, add titles to graphs
- finish work on tools, perhaps move back tools and other functions in menu for better accessibility
- change how template/lang changing work to make individual page lighter
- Think about the strategy to follow for the "relations bug with gwu" (https://github.com/geneanet/geneweb/issues/359), which is "release critical", as it can cause data loss (impossibility to export clean .gw files for databases that use relations).
- Recode permutations of event and implement the tool in templates.
- compile connex.ml with distrib and add option to generate connex.txt note automaticaly after import (see how it hepled a lot on Roglo)
- see if extra generated line on dag hr (desc tree) can be removed without .js trick.
- RELEASE 7.00 beta.
basestree for an easier to understand base archiving/backup process.
- Find solution to manage better CSS/js files (not txt templates files), especially in CGI mode.
- Get gwc2 working.
- find camels and keep them working! :)
- RELEASE 7.00.
- maintain a rhythm for 7.xx releasing like it was in 6.xx (with updated changelog for people that can't compile Geneweb themselves).
Links for Wiki dev
- Redmine project: http://opensource.geneanet.org/
- Git: https://github.com/geneweb/geneweb
- ML: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/GeneWeb/info
- Forum: http://www.geneanet.org/forum/GeneWeb-85
- Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/geneweb
- IRC: irc://irc.freenode.net/geneweb (online http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=geneweb)
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeneWeb
- http://pauillac.inria.fr/~ddr/GeneWeb/ (old website)
- http://roglo.eu/roglo?lang=fr;m=NOTES;f=GeneWeb:Trucs (http://roglo.eu/roglo)