Expected roadmap for Geneweb 7.00
Revision as of 01:39, 26 March 2016 by Guillaumebrochu (no more critical bug in gwu)
Roadmap for GeneWeb 7.00
- handle event in second database format (gwc2)
merge and add conditional compilation for the branch API
- RELEASE 7.00 beta (April 2016)
- announce the beta release with new wiki/git, ask for tests and feedback
- use bootstrap as css framework
- improve events based on the feedback
- prepare the necessary tools for the migration
- HUGE cleanup (remove old code: non utf-8 base, gwc1)
- use OCaml instead of Camlp5
- RELEASE 7.00 stable (before 2017!)
TODO list for GeneWeb. Any Help is welcome!
The open source project
- add what can be saved of old doc in other languages (at least main european lang de/sp/…)
- (install Extension:Translate for an “automatic” translation of the wiki)
update syntax and link on pages
- update pages content with incoming 7.0, add more illustrations
- add HOW TO pages for GW compilation under Windows that can be tricky
- add more doc for templm !
- expend FAQ with users problems on ML and forum
- try to migrate the old Yahoo ML to Tuxfamily (to get rid of Yahoo spam banner and own our ML)
- install a (phpBB ?) multilang forum for GW endusers
- make a ML on Tux for geneweb dev
- stay in contact with Debian and Ubuntu package maintainers and keep in mind the deadlines for the next major releases (https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/geneweb, http://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/geneweb)
- write a tutorial about how to use Geneweb WITHOUT the daemons automatically launched by the linux distro at startup, using the two commands scripts (gwd and gwsetup), like people do in Windows. (for example, see : http://www.geneanet.org/forum/?topic=530250.0 and http://www.geneanet.org/forum/?topic=531410.msg1048646#msg1048646)
- remove arrows hardcoded in Ocaml on m=NOTES and m=MISC_NOTES
- better sosa htree rendering (links) or do it with CSS, add titles to graphs
- finish work on tools, perhaps move back tools and other functions in menu for better accessibility
- change how template/lang changing work to make individual page lighter
Enhancement to GeneWeb itself
- Solve bugs related to gwc and updateIndOk (https://github.com/geneweb/geneweb/issues/2)
- compile connex.ml with distrib and add option to generate connex.txt note automaticaly after import if perl is present (see how it hepled a lot on Roglo)
- Remove extra generated line on dag hr (desc tree) can be removed without .js trick, fix “missing link” between spouses in dag.
basestree for an easier to understand base archiving/backup process.
- Find solution to manage better CSS/js files (not txt templates files), especially in CGI mode.