Expected roadmap for Geneweb 7.00
Revision as of 01:32, 18 September 2018 by A2
Roadmap for GeneWeb 7.00
merge and add conditional compilation for the branch API
use Bootstrap as CSS framework
use OCaml instead of Camlp5.
use Dune build system.
code cleanup (remove old code: non utf-8 base)
compile connex.ml with distrib and add option to generate connex.txt note automaticaly after import if perl is present (see how it hepled a lot on Roglo).
- handle event in second database format gwc2 (remove old gwc stuff).
basestree for an easier to understand base archiving/backup process.
- RELEASE 7.00 beta.
- announce the beta release with new wiki/git, ask for tests and feedback.
- improve templates based on the feedback.
- prepare the necessary tools for the migration.
- RELEASE 7.00 stable.
TODO list for GeneWeb. Any Help is welcome!
The open source project
add what can be saved of old doc in other languages (at least main european lang de/sp/…)
- (install Extension:Translate for an “automatic” translation of the wiki)
update syntax and link on pages
update pages content with incoming 7.0, add more illustrations
add HOW TO pages for GW compilation under Windows that can be tricky
- add more doc for templm !
- expend FAQ with users problems on ML and forum
- try to migrate the old Yahoo ML to Tuxfamily (to get rid of Yahoo spam banner and own our ML)
- install a (phpBB ?) multilang forum for GW endusers
stay in contact with Debian and Ubuntu package maintainers and keep in mind the deadlines for the next major releases (https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/geneweb, http://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/geneweb)
- write a tutorial about how to use Geneweb WITHOUT the daemons automatically launched by the linux distro at startup, using the two commands scripts (gwd and gwsetup), like people do in Windows. (for example, see : http://www.geneanet.org/forum/?topic=530250.0 and http://www.geneanet.org/forum/?topic=531410.msg1048646#msg1048646)