Expected roadmap for Geneweb 7.00
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Roadmap for GeneWeb 7.0.0
Merge and add conditional compilation for the branch API Use Bootstrap as CSS framework Use Dune build system. Code cleanup (remove old code: non utf-8 base) Compile connex.ml with distrib and add option to generate connex.txt note automatically after import if perl is present (see how it helped a lot on Roglo). RELEASE 7.0.0
Roadmap for GeneWeb 7.1.0
- RELEASE 7.1.0 beta.
- Announce the beta release with new wiki/git, ask for tests and feedback.
- Improve tools and templates based on previous feedback.
- RELEASE 7.1.0 stable.
Works in progress for next releases
- Use OCaml for ged2gwb instead of Camlp5 to remove that dependency.
- Imagemap: a tool to add metadata to images (lledieu).
- Gwc2: recode the second database format that was introduced in version 6 and removed from v7.
- Base_reorg : rework
basestree for an easier to understand base archiving/backup process.
- Cartography with Leaflet.
- Restore lost bindings for accessibility.
- Work on accessibility and responsiveness.
TODO list for GeneWeb. Any Help is welcome!
The open source project
add what can be saved of old doc in other languages (at least main European lang de/sp/…)
- (install Extension:Translate for an “automatic” translation of the wiki)
update syntax and link on pages update pages content with incoming 7.0, add more illustrations add HOW TO pages for GW compilation under Windows that can be tricky
- add more doc for templm !
- expend FAQ with users problems on ML and forum
- try to migrate the old Yahoo ML to Tuxfamily (to get rid of Yahoo spam banner and own our ML)
- install a (phpBB ?) multilang forum for GW end users
stay in contact with Debian and Ubuntu package maintainers and keep in mind the deadlines for the next major releases (https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/geneweb, http://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/geneweb)
- write a tutorial about how to use Geneweb WITHOUT the daemons automatically launched by the Linux distro at startup, using the two commands scripts (gwd and gwsetup), like people do in Windows. (for example, see : http://www.geneanet.org/forum/?topic=530250.0 and http://www.geneanet.org/forum/?topic=531410.msg1048646#msg1048646)