Install GeneWeb 6 on Windows
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
|Language:||English • français|
! Screenshots are made under Windows 7 and may change a bit depending on your Windows version. !
Download and run setup
- Download GeneWeb for Windows and click on downloaded file.
- When you run the install program, the “Open file - Security Warning” dialog may appear as shown in the figure below. Click “Run”.
Select the setup language
- Click “Next”.
- Accept the License Agreement then click “Next”.
- Click “Browse” to select the destination location to install GeneWeb. Otherwise, leave the default setting and click “Next”.
- Select Start Menu Folder for GeneWeb's shortcuts location. By default all shortcuts are located in 'GeneWeb 6.00'.
- Select “Create a Desktop Icon” to create a shortcut on your desktop, then click “Next”.
Ready to install
- Click “Install” to continue with the installation, or click “Back” if you want to review or change any settings.
- Click “Finish” to launch GeneWeb.
- When you launch GeneWeb for the first time, you need to allow access to gwd and gwsetup programs to the firewall of your computer.
GeneWeb is installed
- If you have checked last three options of the setup, gwd and gwsetup are launched and the following page will be shown in your default web browser.