Geneweb bases folder
A typical installation will position the folder holding one or several of your genealogy bases at the root of your hosting service.
bases folder should contain the same information structure as in the case of installation on a personal computer. Its location is, by default, within the distribution folder with the name
bases, but it can be located elsewhere and named otherwise according to your preferences.
In each of the
src folders, sub-folders with names
base-i hold the specific data for each base.
- bases: The folder containing the GeneWeb bases.
- base-1.gwb : one or several base-i.gwb folders.
- base-1.gwf : and their associated .gwf parameter file
- cnt : memorizing the access count for the bases
- etc : used in priority over the generic
gw/etcfiles (see header)
- lang : containing some base specific language related template text files (lexicon for instance).
- wiz.auth : as many wizards and friends authorization files as specified for each base in their respective .gwf parameter file.