Configuration file for GeneWeb bases : extension
|Language:||English • français|
The configuration file for a given base is a text file with extension
.gwf bearing the same name as your base and sitting next to the
If and when the file organisation of GeneWeb is modified (in version 7.xx, no calendar yet), this file will be in
It contains variables controlling the behaviour of the
gwd program and of the template mechanism.
If no configuration file is supplied, gwd will fall back on a standard configuration located at
a.gwf file contains all variables with some description of their actions, some being commented out. Additional files may provide other configuration variables as for the
If you create a fresh base with gwsetup, you will be proposed the following default simpler configuration file:
use_cdn=yes access_by_key=yes disable_forum=yes hide_private_names=no use_restrict=no show_consang=yes display_sosa=yes place_surname_link_to_ind=yes max_anc_level=8 max_anc_tree=7 max_desc_level=12 max_desc_tree=4 max_cousins=2000 max_cousins_level=5 latest_event=20 template=* long_date=no counter=no full_siblings=yes hide_advanced_request=no perso_module_0=individual perso_module_1=parents perso_module_2=unions perso_module_3=fratrie perso_module_4=relations perso_module_5=notes perso_module_6=sources perso_module_7=arbres perso_module_8=chronologie perso_module_9=gr_parents perso_module_10=ligne perso_module_i=individual perso_module_p=parents perso_module_u=unions perso_module_f=fratrie perso_module_r=relations perso_module_c=chronologie perso_module_n=notes perso_module_s=sources perso_module_a=arbres perso_module_g=gr_parents perso_module_d=data_3col perso_module_l=ligne
The gwsetup base creation interface allows direct modification of several of the variables above.
The templm template offers an additional set of parameters.
Detailed description of variables
This description is limited to some important variables. For others, see
- body_prop content of the %b macro typically inserted in the “<body>” HTML tag. See your HTML documentation for details.
- This applies to all pages produced by GeneWeb.
- friend_passwd allows global access control for persons potentially still alive. See
a.gwf. Default value is 150 years.
- If a value is supplied for this variable, only visitors having entered that value as password will see data about persons born less than “private_years” years.
- friend_passwd_file allows for a user level access control.
- wizard_passwd allows global access control to modification rights in the base.
- If a value is supplied for this variable, only visitors having entered that value as password will have modification rights.
- wizard_passwd_file allows for a user level access control.
- wizard_just_friend allows to temporarily prevent modifications
- default_lang specifies the default language. Default value is french. Possibilities are: "af" (afrikaans), "bg" (bulgaran), "br" (breton), "cs" (czech), "ca" (catalan), "de" (greman), "da" (danish), "en" (english), "eo" (espéranto), "es" (spanish), "et" (estonian), "fi" (finnish), "fr" (french), "he" (hebrew), "is" (icelandic), "it" (italian), "lv" (latvian), "nl" (dutch), "no" (norvegian), "pl" (polish), "pt" (portugeese), "pt-br" (bresilian portugeese), "ro" (romanian), "ru" (russian), "sl" (slovenian), "sv" (sueedish), "zh" (chineese),
- Note that at any time, independant of this setting, you may change the inetrface language by clicking on the appropriate flag of the welcome page (unless you have edited it out!), or by inserting
lang=lndirectly in the URL window of your browser.
- can_send_image allows wizards to send or modify images associated with persons. See Update. Default value is “no”; to allow, enter “yes”.
- Those images may take some space; manage carefully.
- renamed indicates a new name for this base (useful if many links into your base exist on the web. A page with the new link will be displayed for the user to copy/paste and to follow to the content of his request.
- history indicates that your base logs modification to its content (kept in
bases/basename.gwb/history) and visible from the welcome page if the file exists.
- history_diff indicates that detailed modifications are logged for each person (à la wiki).
Environment variables, bvar, evar
See the experts section for a discussion on these users supplied variables.