Download sources and releases of GeneWeb
Revision as of 01:26, 31 October 2020 by A2 (Talk | contribs) (rerewrite + file/dir icons + pluriel + « one by one » !)
|Language:||English • français • Nederlands|
The last version GeneWeb 7 adds the management of events and its database format isn’t backward compatible with older versions.
When migrating, don’t copy or move your old bases directory
You must inevitably extract/save all databases into GeneWeb files
|How to build or install|
|GeneWeb v6.07||.tar.gz||Linux|| OS X
|GeneWeb v6.08||.tar.gz|| Linux
|macOS||Windows (x86, zip)|
|GeneWeb v7.00||.tar.gz .zip||Linux|| macOS 14
|Windows (x64) .zip|
|GeneWeb master||.zip||All releases|
|Some RPM packets of GeneWeb v6.05 for Redhat distributions such as Fedora 17-20 and Centos 6-7 can be found on généarepo.|
|* In February 2016, to maintain GeneWeb in Debian & Ubuntu, GeneWeb 6.08 has been updated for compilation with OCaml v4.02.|
- Download and install GeneWeb program under GNU/Linux, Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, FreeBSD; on Mac OS X, Linux or Windows using Docker; or in CGI mode behind a web server.
- Understand GeneWeb server, homonym, consanguinity.
Use and manage genealogical databases
- Import Gedcom
.gwfiles with gwsetup or in command-line.
- Update datas (add/remove individuals and families), merge duplicates, type dates.
- Use wikitext syntax, macros, keyboard shortcuts.
- Clean, recover, rename, save, archive a database.
- Merge and split multiples databases.
- Personalize CSS, header and trailer, templates, lexicon and declension.
- Configuration file
.gwf(for templm), wizard notes, passwords for friends/wizards and access restrictions to databases.
- Add images in notes, further remarks for experts.