|Language:||English • français|
gwsetup is a program allowing bases creation and maintenance through a web based user interface, avoiding the use of command lines in a terminal window.
Using gwsetup :
- under Windows, double click on
gwsetup.batavailable in the GeneWeb installation folder.
A window should pop-up proposing a selection of languages and specifying the address at which gwsetup is available. Keep this window open as long as you wish to interact with gwsetup. You may minimise it with the "-" button in the top right corner of the window;
- under Linux, if you have installed GeneWeb using RPM package manager, you probably already have gwsetup running. Use the address provided at install time to manage your bases.
- if you have installed Geneweb under Unix or Linux or OSX through another method, you may launch gwsetup by entering
./gwsetupin a terminal window.
Warning : it is important to understand in which folders gwsetup and gwd find their informations, in particular the genealogy bases.
- gwd has on option (-bd) specifying where are the bases.
- gwsetup does not have the same option and find the bases in the current folder! One can use the following commands:
export BIN_DIR="folder where gwd and gwsetup reside" export BASE_DIR="folder where you wish to keep your bases" cd $BASE_DIR "$BIN_DIR/gwsetup" -gd "$BIN_DIR" -bindir "$BIN_DIR"
Once started, gwsetup offers through a web interface a variety of actions: creation of a new base, importing or exporting a GEDCOM file, modifying display parameters, etc.
The default welcome page of gwsetup is at :
Back to Manual.